As parents, we want to gently guide our daughters through important moments like getting their first period.
While you can absolutely make your own first period kit, purchasing a pre-made one can be a great way to celebrate this occasion.
A ready-to-go kit shows your tween that you care and want to remove any anxiety or fear around this transition. It also ensures she has all the essentials in one convenient package.
What are the benefits of buying a first period kit?
- It’s convenient. Just about everything she needs to be prepared for her period comes in already packed. You can just click and buy.
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing that the items in the first period kit have been selected by experts specifically for tweens.
- You can focus on other things. Instead of trying to figure out what to buy, you can engage with your daughter emotionally.
- Your daughter will recognize her period as something to celebrate rather than be sad or angry about.
Other period items your daughter will need
In addition to a pre-made period kit, you’ll need to pick up a few additional supplies to help your daughter be comfortable when her period is on:
- Period panties for extra protection
- Menstrual cups which can take the place of pads/tampons
- Books about having a period to educate and empower her
The best period kits for tweens
After reading dozens of reviews of period kits, I’ve compiled a list of the most highly rated ones for you to check out.
Show her periods are nothing to dread, just another step on her journey.
Want more first period kit options? Check out my idea list on Amazon. I’ll keep this list updated as I find more options!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.