Has your daughter started her period? Has she tried a menstrual cup?
Menstrual cups have been life-changing for me!
I got a cup in a gift bag once, and have been using them every since.
Admittedly, I was skeptical at first.
Since I had a super heavy period at the time, I was concerned that menstrual cups would be a huge, messy hassle.
Oh man, was I ever wrong!
Since I started using menstrual cups, my periods have been shorter, cramps have nearly disappeared, and I don’t have to buy tampons anymore
Are menstrual cups good for girls?
Yes, menstrual cups are good for girls.
Menstrual cups are perfect for tween and teen girls who have their periods.
While there is a little bit of a learning curve in the beginning, once she gets the hang of it, menstrual cups are not that difficult to use.
When I was going through puberty, the period options I was presented with was pads or tampons.
Girls these days can get period underwear, menstrual cups, or discs. Some teens are even trying out free bleeding.
The aspect of menstrual cups that I’m most grateful for is that they encourage a healthy womb.
There are no crazy chemicals in close contact with your delicate vagina.
According to Healthline, “Menstrual cups don’t contain chemicals found in tampons and pads, such as bleach and dioxin.”
We obviously want to keep those types of chemicals away from our girls.
How do menstrual cups work?
Menstrual cups are vaginal silicon or rubber cups that work by catching your menstrual blood.
Remove the cup when it’s full and dispose of the blood.
You’ll be able to reuse the cup over and over again.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to teach your girl how to add cleaning her menstrual cup to her hygiene routine.
Why should I use a menstrual cup?
There are many benefits of using a menstrual cup.
I experienced many of them almost immediately after I started wearing one.
- Lighter periods. According to my period tracking app, my cycle wasn’t as heavy with the use of a menstrual cup.
- Shortened menstrual cycle. My period got way shorter with a menstrual cup.
- Fewer cramps. I rarely have cramps any more! My cramps were always really bad. I have never had bad cramps again after the second month of using a menstrual cup.
- Eco-friendly. You don’t create a bunch of waste throwing out tampons and pads since, like period underwear, menstrual cups are reusable.
- Save money. You’ll be able to save money on tampons and pads. A menstrual cup can be used for months.