November brings crisp air, falling leaves, and a sense of gratitude and preparation as we move into the holiday season.
This month is a beautiful time to focus inward, reflect, and nourish yourself as you transition into the colder months.
For me, this is a time when I feel super introspective. I reflect on the year, and how I’ve changed and grown.
I also become more intentional about taking care of myself physically. Shorter days mean more time at home, so I do my beauty treatments, self-massages, and meditations.
It’s just a sweet time, you know?
To make the most of November, here are 30 ideas to uplift your wellbeing:
- Start a gratitude journal to reflect on what you’re thankful for.
- Make a batch of spiced almonds, or any other nut, to snack on.
- Snuggle up with a mug of turmeric tea. It’s easy to make and tastes just like fall.
- Go on a silent walk. Leave the headphones at home and be completely present in your surroundings.
- Try aromatherapy with November-inspired scents like cinnamon, orange, and clove.
- Learn lymphatic massage and add it to your morning or night routine. (I have some good videos on this on Pinterest.)
- Make yummy baked apples. You can even use your air fryer!
- Reflect on your year so far. Write down your accomplishments, big and small.
- Take some time to consider your relationship with money, especially during the holiday season. (This money reflection exercise will help!)
- Give your living space a thorough cleaning and refresh.
- Give back by volunteering for a cause you care about.
- Take back your peace! Start using noise-cancelling earplugs to calm your nervous system when you’re overstimulated.
- Spend a weekend day cooking a nourishing soup. You’ll have lunch for the entire week!
- Set a timer for 10 minutes each day and declutter different parts of your house to start prepping for the end of the year.
- Sign up for a meditation app and make time to be still before you start your day.
Download a free autumn reflection journal.
- Invite a friend (or two) over for hot cocoa and conversation.
- Donate groceries to your local food bank. Check their website before you go to see what they need.
- Treat yourself to a new candle to help set an autumn vibe in your house.
- Diffuse a fall essential oil blend. Try 2 drops each of cinnamon, nutmeg, sweet orange, and clove. Add one drop of ginger.
- Have an easy roasted veggie sheet pan dinner. Put sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and carrots in the oven, and make rice to go along with it.
- Take action on a project you’ve been planning for a long time.
- Read the autobiography of a woman you admire.
- Set a goal to drink more water each day, and track your progress. (A new water bottle might motivate you!)
- Take time to stretch your body when you wake up.
- Start a savings account for a just-for-you fun goal you’d like to save up for.
- Bake pumpkin muffins for breakfast over the weekend.
- Have a movie marathon where you spend the day watching 3 or 4 of your favorite movies. Don’t forget the snacks!
- Whip up a batch of oatmeal energy bites with pumpkin and chocolate chips to keep your energy up all season.
- Set up a virtual game night with faraway loved ones you haven’t seen in a while.
- Take time to be still.