Over the last few years, my self-love reserve hit an all-time low.
It could have been that staying in the house for two years changed me.
Or getting older is affecting me more than I care to admit.
Whatever was going on, I realized I needed to get a grasp on it because I could see how my negative view of myself was starting to affect my teenage daughter.
She saw me putting everyone else before myself, and neglecting my self-care.
When I spoke negatively about myself, she’d hear me.
I started to see her exhibit some of my self-effacing behaviors (including some body image stuff), and made a vow to make a change.
Parents are the first role models our kids have.
If we don’t prioritize our own self-love and self-care, how can we expect our children to do the same?
There are a lot of ways that I prioritize self-love, but the main one is through journaling.
Journaling is a powerful tool that helps us reflect on our thoughts and feelings and develop a positive mindset.
Here are 24 positive self-love journal prompts to get you started:
Self Love Journal Prompts
- What are three things that make me unique and special?
- What accomplishments am I most proud of in my life?
- How can I be kinder to myself today?
- What are some negative thoughts I have about myself? How can I challenge them?
- What are some things I do that make me feel happy and fulfilled?
- What would my ideal day look like? How can I incorporate some of those elements into my life now?
- What are some positive affirmations I can tell myself every day?
- What are some self-care practices I can incorporate into my daily routine?
- What are three things I’m grateful for in my life right now?
- What is something that always makes me feel better when I’m feeling down?
- What is a compliment someone has given me that I have trouble accepting? Why?
- How can I be more compassionate to myself?
- What are some things I do that are good for my mental health?
- What is something I’m looking forward to in the future?
- How can I practice self-love when I’m feeling stressed or overwhelmed?
- What is something I’ve accomplished that I never thought I would be able to do?
- What is something I need to let go of to feel happier and more fulfilled?
- What is something I can do today to show myself love and appreciation?
- What are some things I can do to boost my confidence?
- What is something I can do to feel more empowered in my life?
- What is a mistake I’ve made that I’ve learned from?
- How can I practice forgiveness towards others and myself?
- What is something I’m proud of that I don’t always acknowledge?
- What is something I can do today to practice self-compassion?
Self Love Takes Time
One thing I have to be transparent about is that learning or increasing self-love is not an overnight process.
I’ve had to be consistent and intentional about loving myself.
Journaling, and taking the time to dig into these self love journal prompts have changed my mindset a lot.
Download this free self-love journal prompt printable to get started on your self-love journey today.