Can you believe it’s fall already? Between shuffling the kids to camp, going to work, and trying to squeeze in a little fun, the summer really flew by.
Autumn feels like the perfect time to slow down, reflect, and focus on personal growth. Some folks like to bring the season in with a pumpkin spice latte, I like to bring it in with fall-themed journal prompts.
As the leaves change color, I start transitioning my routines and my mindset in preparation for winding up, and then down, for the new year.
I put together these journal prompts to help you nourish your spirit during this seasonal shift.
They’ll get you thinking about the things that matter to you, encourage time for self-care, and help you stay grounded even if things start to feel overwhelming.
Use these prompts as daily inspiration to become your best, most centered self.
This time of year is ideal for switching up your habits and mindset. Out with the old, in with the new!
Here are some fall-themed journal prompts to guide you:
- What are 3 core values that you have to help you navigate life?
- What do you need to update from the summer to make sure you have a pleasant fall?
- What is an outdated limited belief you have about yourself that you can work on releasing this season?
- Write out a mantra that will remind you to bloom this fall.
- What does your ideal autumn day look like? How can you make that day a reality?
- What healthy boundaries do you need to set before the busy end of the year to prevent burnout?
- What can you prune from your life to give you more peace?
- What are your favorite fall activities?
- Where are you finding inspiration these days?
- How can you practice more self-love as you prepare for colder days that are coming?
- Who are the people in your life who encourage you to grow?
- What steps can you take this season to prepare for a fruitful winter season?
- What is an autumn-specific self-care habit that you can adopt?
- What is something that’s been a part of your life for a long time that you’re ready to retire?
- When do you feel the most content?
- What is an autumn memory that makes you smile?
- How can you gently push beyond your comfort zone to expand this season?
- What new skill do you know you want to learn next year? What steps can you take now to start planning?
- What does “being true to yourself” look like for you?
- What food just feels like fall to you?
- What does your ideal fall morning look like?
- Describe the perfect fall meal.
- How do you define a good season? What would feel fruitful for you?
- Is fall your favorite season? Why or why not?
- What snacks do you associate with the fall?
- How does your schedule change when the days get shorter?
- What are some ways you can nurture your relationships in the colder months?
- What is a book that puts you in an autumnal mood?
- Do you have any fall traditions? What are they?
- What do you appreciate the most about fall?