Does anyone else feel like September is actually the new year?
Something about this month just feels like it’s bringing in a new season full of possibilities.
When the summer starts winding down, I like to focus on my growth and refresh my routines.
Here 30 things for you in September to celebrate this month of transition:
- Start a 30-day meditation challenge. Commit to a few minutes of mindfulness each day to reduce stress.
- Do a closet cleanout and donate items you no longer wear. Clear out clutter to welcome the new season.
- Take an evening bubble bath with candles and relaxing music.
- Bake banana bread from scratch.
- Tap into your creativity by trying out a beginner’s embroidery kit, or a hand-lettering book.
- Have a cozy movie night with popcorn and hot apple cider.
- Add 10 minutes of stretching to your nighttime routine.
- Treat yourself to a body scrub with eucalyptus essential oil in the shower.
- Declutter your home office to create a focused workspace.
- Update your resume and LinkedIn profile to highlight your latest accomplishments.
- Start a gratitude journal to write down three things you’re thankful for each day.
- Take a break from your phone for a day. Put it on do-not-disturb and enjoy a screen-free day.
- Cancel any subscriptions you’re paying for but not using.
- Reach out to an old friend that you’ve lost touch with.
- Head over to Pinterest and start planning your Halloween costume.
- Have dinner outside at night under a heat lamp or by a fire pit at home or in a restaurant.
- Take a walk through the neighborhood to appreciate the beginning of fall foliage.
- Visit a bunch of thrift stores searching for treasures.
- Host a fall-themed potluck.
- Check out a local artisan craft fair and support small businesses.
- De-stress with a massage.
- Put your summer clothes away, and pull out your fall wardrobe.
- Go apple or pumpkin picking at a local farm. It’s a great way to engage in the fall!
- Sleep in and catch up on rest whenever you can.
- Sip spiced apple cider while reading outdoors.
- Explore a new hiking trail to appreciate the changing leaves.
- Hang out at a coffee shop one day. Get a warm drink, people watch or read a book.
- Light candles and diffuse cinnamon essential oils.
- Pull out your slow cooker and make a hearty veggie chili.
- Give yourself permission to slow down and nourish your soul.