If you’re like me, when it comes to Peeps, you can eat them straight out of the package. I mean, that’s how we used to do it back in the day, you know? We are living in a new time, though, and Pinterest has encouraged all of us to step outside of our normal world and turn the ordinary extraordinary. Not that there’s anything ordinary about my favorite marshmallow candy! I’m going to be honest, when the folks at PEEPS & Company sent me a big box of different flavored Peeps and invited me to get creative with them, I balked a bit. Peeps are perfect just the way they are! But, folks…I think Ayva and I have discovered a way to make them even more perfecter. (Yes. Perfecter. It’s the only way to describe this!)
White Chocolate Sprinkled Peeps.
Seriously, y’all! YUM!!! These took about 15 minutes total to make (including time for the chocolate to set), and they are incredible. Ayva and I remarked at how much the white chocolate covered Peeps tasted like a decadent (my word, not Ayva’s) soft cookie. Listen, if you love Peeps and want to take the flavor up a notch without losing the essence of the Peeps, you have to try our recipe for White Chocolate Sprinkled Peeps.
White Chocolate Sprinkled Peeps
What You Need:
- Peeps Bunnies (any flavor)
- lollipop sticks
- white chocolate chips
What You Do:
- Prepare a cookie sheet by placing a piece of wax paper on it.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1.5 – 2 minutes, stopping to stir periodically.
- Dip Peeps Bunnies in the white chocolate one at a time and place on the cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle the white chocolate dipped Peeps with sprinkles.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the white chocolate. When you take the Peeps out, they will be slightly stiff. Let them sit for another 5 minutes, and they’ll loosen up again.
- Stick a lollipop stick at the bottom of the White Chocolate Sprinkled Peeps and enjoy!
- Note: To keep the Peep from going stale, wrap them in wax paper for up to 2 days.