I love to bake. All I need is my sidekick, Ayva, a little inspiration, and butter. Lots and lots of butter. My inspiration today came from a challenge. Terrence and his co-workers are having a competition to see who can make the best cookie, and of course, we’d like Team Riley to win. The winner won’t get a cash prize or a plaque. Instead,
we’ll whoever wins will get bragging rights, and that rocks pretty hard, too! I think our Super Simple Snickers Cake Cookies are real contenders, too. These cookies are soft, moist, and incredibly easy to make.
Initially I was going to make Monster Cookies. Since Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies became our specialty last year (thanks to lots of tweaking of the recipe until we got it perfect), I thought Monster Cookies with it’s oatmeal base would be a good way to branch out into uncharted cookie territory. As I browsed Pinterest for ideas, though, I came across this recipe by Christina’s Adventures and was intrigued by her use of cake mix for cookie batter. I went on the Betty Crocker site like she suggested, and decided to revise a recipe that I found. What resulted is, I’m sure, a winning cookie!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Jack Daniels Honey Whisky (you can use vanilla!)
- 1 8 oz bag of Snickers Minis chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except for Snickers with a hand mixer.
- Gently stir in chopped Snickers using a spoon.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie pan and immediately place on cooling rack covered in parchment paper. Some of the caramel from the Snickers may have oozed out making the bottom sticky, so move cookies carefully.
Want more cookies? Check out my Cookies, Cookies Everywhere Board on Pinterest!
Follow Mama Knows It All’s board Cookies, Cookies Everywhere! on Pinterest.