They finally got to me. Every time I opened the refrigerator door, the apples called out to me.
When I looked in the cabinet, the oatmeal and cinnamon whispered my name.
I was able to bypass the huge pumpkin craze, but the flavors of fall finally succeeded in seducing me, and I had no choice but to make Apple Crumble.
Since baking is better with a friend, I enlisted Ayva’s help to make our sweet apple treat.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup sugar + 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon + 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 5 to 6 cups apples (peeled and cored)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chopped apples in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Mix 1/4 sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon together in a small dish. Spoon over apples.
- Beat the remaining ingredients (except for butter) together with a hand mixer until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Pour the melted butter over the crumb mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and let bake for 35 minutes.
- Enjoy delicious apple crumble with milk.
This is dessert, y’all.
I’m telling you, it’s so sweet, and parts of the crust and super crunchy and remind me of praline.
The next time we make this, I’m going to add walnuts and see how it tastes.
Oh, and trust me, you’ll definitely want to pair this crumble with a nice big glass of milk!
This Oatmeal Apple Crumble was made to be devoured with milk.