Yup, folks. It’s that time again. It’s my birthday, so that means it’s a good time to take inventory of the many ways that God has blessed me over the last 12 months. One of the greatest benefits about blogging is that there is a record of everything that I experienced this year. Looking back, there were so many things that I forgot! I was going to do a list of the 33 coolest things that I did while I was 33, but that felt a bit too tedious for my birthday! Instead, I want to share 16.5 of the greatest experiences/lessons/discoveries of my 33rd year! These are in no particular order:
2. The women of Shades of Social Media came into my life
3. Ayva and I explored Philadelphia together.
|Ayva on the steps of the Franklin Institute.|
4. And then we started exploring California together.
5. An invitation to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration popped up in my email, so I took Ayva to DisneyWorld for the first time!
6. My baby girl turned 3. And I made her a birthday cake from scratch.
7. I finally got a raise at my job, after being promoted nearly 2 years prior.
8. I quit my job.
9. I was offered a great position at Collective Bias, and I couldn’t be happier.
10. I had 15 minutes of internet fame when a video I made went viral.
11. I got to go to BlogHer. The experience inspired me to dress better, and remember that my worth isn’t determined by the number of invitations I receive to private events.
12. I finally accepted that I am worthy of love.
|My man looking good. Ayva took this shot!|
13. Ayva and I packed up and moved across the country. Even though I was scared.
14. Blogalious rocked my world. And so did Doug E. Fresh.
|Doug E. Fresh. I was front row at Blogalicous!|
15. My daughter taught me an important lesson about space.
16. I was reminded about not taking good health for granted.
16.5 I started writing my first e-book!!!
There are so many other blessings…my dad spending the entire summer with Ayva and me, hanging out with my best friend David all summer, impromptu movie outings with my girl Sheri (like to see Magic Mike…even though I promised I wouldn’t tell!), the great cookout with some of my cousins that I hadn’t seen in years, my sister making chocolate covered strawberries for Mother’s Day, the photography class I took that brought me so much joy, the going away parties, the love…so, so much love. I could take the entire day to just inventory all of the ways that God has added joy to my life, probably the entire week!
Wow. I am so blessed.
But, aren’t we all? Take a little inventory of your life this year so far. What blessings have you experienced? I’d love for you to share in the comments!