This #BigHoliday post is sponsored by Big Lots in celebration of National Decorate Your Home For The Holidays Week.
This week is one for the record books. I mean, seriously. Never in my life have I had my home decorated for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving. I have to admit, it only happened because I had some help this year. Between my happy little elves Ayva and Terrence, and the huge selection of affordable decor at Big Lots, it was easy to transform our room into the type of place that wins the #BIGHoliday Most Classic Jolly Holly award!
Now that I’ve experienced the joy of early decorating, I want to encourage you to get ‘er done, too. Listen, maybe you’re one of those folks who can’t imagine yourself ever sitting back and enjoying the holidays because there’s so much to do, and you’re always on the go. Taking the time now, before things get too hectic, to hang lights and trim your tree will give you more time to do the things that really matter during the holidays. And you know what makes it even better? You get to do those things in a festive home! Here are a few ideas for things you can do with the extra time you have to enjoy the holidays that you’ll get when you decorate early:
- Turn on Christmas music and dance around the living room.
- Bake lots of cookies and deliver them to your friends and family.
- Stay in your jammies all day and have a Christmas movie marathon.
- Make homemade ornaments to go along with the ones you made at Big Lots.
- Sing Christmas carols at the top of your voice (double points if you go out caroling!).
- Drink hot cocoa and read your favorite Christmas stories.
- Record a home movie that has everyone tell what they’re thankful for. Show on Christmas Day.
- Talk. Laugh. Enjoy your family.
Are you sold, yet? Lots of benefit for decorating early, huh? National Decorate Your Home For The Holidays Week is going on right now, so head on over to Big Lots (take a selfie for a chance to win a big prize while you’re there), then rush home to get ready for some family time!
Not sure where to start? Take a look at how the other Big Lots #BIGHoliday Bloggers transformed their rooms!
Follow Big Lots on social media: