This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyIsBack #CollectiveBias
They’re baaack! Gosh, I’ll never forget the first time I was introduced to M&M’s® Crispy. My best friend, Hope, had just returned home from a trip to Atlanta where she found a few bags in an airport convenience store. Hope has always been thoughtful, so she saved the bags to open until we got together. We sat in her bedroom going on and on about the crispy, crunchy centers surrounded by chocolate in a candy coated shell, trying to figure out what they tasted like. We finally gave up when we realized that they were M&M’s® Crispy That’s it. They were in a class of their own.
That was a long time ago, but now we get to pay homage to the old days in a super sweet way because M&M’s® Crispy are back! I couldn’t wait to let Ayva taste them to see what she thought about them. We spent Saturday at Walmart searching the candy aisles hoping to find a ginormous bag of the candy. Although the big bags are available in some Walmart stores, we didn’t find them in ours. We did, however, find them right near the registers, so we grabbed as many bags as we could, and I promised to show Ayva how to make Marshmallow Fantasy Bars with them. After we ate a bag of them first. I mean, the individual snack size bags only have 180 calories per serving, so why not?
Now, you may have heard of Magic Bars, but because M&M’s® Crispy are so special, I wanted to create a recipe that was just as special as they are. Instead of graham crackers, we used crushed vanilla wafer cookies for the crust. We nixed coconut flakes because Ayva doesn’t like them, and added marshmallows because I thought they’d complement the crispiness of the M&Ms. I wasn’t wrong.
Here’s how to make them:
- 1 cup M&M’s® Crispy
- 1 – 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 2 cups of crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- Almonds or other nuts (optional)
WHAT TO DO
- Mix the melted butter and crushed vanilla wafers together and then press into the bottom of an 8×8 pan to form a crust.
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over the crust.
- Layer chocolate chips on top of the milk, and then cover with marshmallows and M&M’s® Crispy.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until marshmallows are nice and brown. Let sit and cool for about 20 minutes. Devour with a glass of milk.
See more great M&M’s® Crispy recipe and party ideas on the M&M’s® Crispy social hub where you can also download a coupon to save on your M&M’s® purchase.
Find M&M’s® Crispy at Walmart in the candy aisle or near the registers at the front!