Father’s Day is fast becoming one of our most favorite holidays. Ayva and I love putting together a good surprise, and Terrence is typically our unsuspecting subject. Father’s Day gives us a chance to kick things up a notch! Really, though, we don’t need a holiday to orchestrate a fun time. Just last week Ayva and I had an impromptu basketball watching party for Terrence. He had no clue that we had planned it for him! When he walked in the door, and Ayva shouted “surprise!”, he really was. Ha!
Today, for Father’s Day, we surprised him with breakfast in bed. Well, actually it was Bratfast in Bed. My longtime partners, Johnsonville Sausage sent a few treats for Terrence, and the Riley girls added our special flavor to it. While I made Brats In A Blanket with Johnsonville Brats and fresh onions, red and green peppers, Ayva made Terrence a card and arranged the flowers. Even though Terrence knew breakfast was coming since we couldn’t hide the delicious smell of the sausage and peppers, he wasn’t expecting such fanfare! When we carried the tray into the bedroom, he lit up! That’s exactly what we were hoping for!
Didn’t do breakfast in bed for the dad in your life today? No worries. Any day can be Father’s Day! Seriously. Just cook up something yummy and serve it to the guy. Trust me, he won’t complain. Happy Father’s Day!
Brats In A Blanket
- Johnsonville Brats
- Green Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the onion, green and red peppers into strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables. Add salt and pepper. Remove from pan.
- Add a little more olive oil in a pan and then add the Johnsonville Brats.
- Cook the brats until brown. Remove from pan.
- Place the tortilla in the pan to warm up. Place a brat in the middle and top with vegetables and cheese.
- Remove the tortilla and brat from pan and wrap. Top with more sautéed vegetables.