There a few things that Ayva and I really, really love. Books, shopping and making stuff. We were able to combine all of the things we love for this fun activity, making adorable flower bookmarks as part of the #gluenglitter group!
She and I went to Walmart to stock up on Elmer’s School Glue and to see what other interesting craft materials we could find. Unfortunately, our Walmart was getting ready for the big back to school sale that starts on Sunday, so we couldn’t get even one bottle of school glue! Thankfully, I had some at the house, but I’ll definitely be back to get more school glue. An employee told me that Elmer’s School Glue will cost less than a quarter! You can see our entire shop here.
Although we couldn’t get the glue, we were inspired by a shirt that we found in the children’s clothing section. We bought it
because it was really cute so that we could have a frame of reference, some tissue paper, and headed home to create! It’s really easy to make the Adorable Flower Bookmarks, and totally toddler friendly, so give it a try!
1. Gather all of your materials. You’ll need an old file folder, green construction paper, pink construction paper, scissors, Elmer’s School Glue, 2 different colors of tissue paper, and a pom-pom.
2. Use the file folder to make the bookmark foundation. Cut it in the shape that you want your bookmark to have. Cut the green construction paper into leaf shapes, and the pink construction paper into circles.
3. Have your toddler glue the pom-pom in the middle of the circle, and then rip and crumple pieces of tissue paper and glue it around the pom-pom.
4. Once the entire circle is covered, have your toddler glue their flower to the bookmark “stem”, and add the leaves.
5. Remember to show your toddler what bookmarks are used for!
We love making bookmarks! Do you have any ideas for easy, toddler friendly, adorable bookmarks? Share, share, share!